Sunday, August 7, 2011

Can my parents still claim me as a dependent when Im secretly married to someone in the army?

My boyfriend and I are wanting to get married in a few weeks for army benefits and other certain love reasons haha,and we are both 24 years old. The only problem is, I dont want to tell my parents because they will flip. Is there any way around having to tell my parents, and not have them file a tax claim on me as a dependent. I can tell them i will be recieving my benefits from work but is it likely they will find out. We are planning on doing a real wedding in a few years just not right now. Any thoughts? Honestly, I am not in school right now but since I live at home with them and he provides half of my yearly income to survive but doesnt pay for school since im not there. Can this conflict? Please help... Btw, my parents are CA residents and my bf and I will marry in Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment