Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jewelry store rip-off small claims court?

i bought a loose diamond from a jewelry store with a setting to put the diamond in. when i originally agreed to purchase the ring i was under the impression that the center princess cut stone was 1.01 carat, g color, VS2 clarity. they had me look at it through a loupe but i didn't know what i was looking for. i paid $5500 and when i received the ring with the appraisal the appraisal said the ring was h color, SI3. I told them his wasn't what i was told i was buying and they said i must have misunderstood him when he was explaining. He said that it possibly could be a VS2 and he would just change the appraisal for me...(kind of shady right?) I said i wanted a different diamond with the original specs i wanted and thought i paid for and they said it was going to cost me $2300 more. they showed me the new diamond and compared it with the old one, they had me look at it through the loupe and i guess it looked a little better but i don't really know. They told me it was g color VS2 clarity and i believed them. I paid the money ($7800 total) and took the ring home 2 weeks later. For some reason this whole situation felt kind of shady to me, well i guess the guy felt shady so i took it to a couple of different jewelers and they told me the center stone wasn't g color and no more than SI2 clarity. I GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!! I went back to return the ring and they said no refunds... Is there anything i can do??? can i take them to small claims court??? isn't that for only claims under $5000??? I feel so pissed off and i don't know what to do!!!! please help!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment